Have you reached a mid-life turning point?
The boomers biggest impact will be eliminating the term ‘retirement’ and inventing a new stage of life….the new career arc.
Rosabeth Moss Kanter.
Are you stuck in mid-life ‘limbo’?
You’ve reached the prime of your life with a lot to offer?
Yet your ‘in limbo’ wondering where to go from here.
The current solution to boomers living an ‘extended stage of mid life’ is to stay in the workforce.
Does this solution not quite fit right for you.
Is the alternative of retirement not an option?
Are you in limbo because your not ready to retire but can’t find the right work.
Do any of the following apply to you?
- Does your job no longer satisfy you like it did before?
- Has the stress at work begun to outweigh the income benefit?
- Have you been retrenched and find it hard to get the right job?
What are the traditional solutions?
- Apply for another job.
- Downsizing to a less demanding position.
- Going back to college to retrain in another area.
- Retiring early.
Why these solutions may not be a right fit for you.
- You’ve applied for many jobs but keep missing out.
- You’ve stayed put because ‘better the devil you know’, you’ll only encounter the same problem elsewhere.
- Downsizing will not provide enough stimulation, you’ll become bored.
- Expensive college fees may not guarantee employment, more expense may cause more problems than it solves.
- You need work to be flexible so that you can be there for aging parents or young grandchildren.
‘Let’s boom on’ is a site for baby boomers who want to transition from the traditional workforce to work for the right people in the right way.
Do you feel like you have a lot to offer but don’t know where to begin?
Would you like to look back on life satisfied that what you’ve done has contributed in a way that is worthwhile and of value?
That your legacy served a greater purpose than lining someone else’s pockets or stroking their egos.
Are you frustrated that the traditional workforce isn’t providing you with this opportunity?
You’re not alone. Mid life is a time when we naturally begin to desire a more authentic connection.
To do it our way.
Let’s Boom On.
Offers solutions on moving on from the busyness of life (where you don’t feel valued despite your skills and effort),
To getting on with the business of life (where your contribution is valued and worthwhile).
I never thought of myself as an entrepreneur.
But then, in my twenties I was reluctant to leave a bad marriage. I was afraid of how I would manage being the sole provider in my home.
In my thirties I worried about the responsibility of a mortgage when I purchased my own slice of seachange/treechange and built my own home.
In my forties I questioned why my soulmate did not fit my stereotype of a partner because he was 14 years younger.
These were my turning points, and at each turning point, life had not gone according to plan.
I ceased following traditional convention as I’d expected life to pan out.
But each turning point took me one step closer to where I belonged.
We tend to view life as moving in a linear line as we build on each success.
My greatest achievements have not come from building on my success, rather from following my heart when life has not turned out as I’d expected. At these times I’ve needed to let go of what I thought that I wanted.
Each turning point has been a new stage of life.
They’ve occurred on a regular basis at some point during each decade of my life.
So why, in my fifties was I surprised that again, it was time to reinvent my life.
You can’t always get what you want, you can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
The Rolling Stones, 1969.
I am a reluctant entrepreneur but a master of reinvention.
Do you want
- Quality time with yourself, family and interests important to you.
- To be aligned with what you value. To move beyond the label of your previous vocation.
- To expand in a new direction of interests and knowledge.
- To break through the barriers preventing you from ‘booming on’.
- To tell it how you see it.
- Toward new priorities.
- Ignite your inquisitiveness and passion.
- Reinvent yourself according to your terms and conditions.
- At something you feel passionate about.
- To be more value focused.
- To explore new ways to solve problems.
- To discover your untapped potential.
- To create new outcomes.
Let’s Boom on is about moving on from the busyness of life to get on with the business of life. Keep updated on how to transition toward working for the right people, for the right reasons, in the right way.
Click on Discovering What Matters Workbook to receive a free workbook from The Metway Mature Market Institute.